Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Student Goals freebie!

Hi friends!
I wanted to share something really quick I just made. Today my principal let us know that she'd like us to turn in student goals tomorrow!  No pressure! She wants each student to create a goal for themselves. We always work on fluency and math facts later in the year and by that time students can understand the goal so it's a great motivator. But what would that look like in September when they are still just getting the foundations of first grade in place? She suggested a behavior goal may be a good idea for now. I created these goal sheets that I think may work for now until they have a better grasp of their learning and we can narrow their goal down to a specific skill that is measurable.

I use whole brain teaching rules so the behavior goal is based on that. Maybe you can use these or at least get an idea that will help you make a student goal sheet that will work for you. If you have any ideas or suggestions for me, let me hear it!!!! Clicks the pics to download if you'd like. :)



3 comments:

  1. Thanks, this is great. It also gives me some ideas.
    On the learning reflection, I'm wondering how you're using the rectangle at the bottom? Maybe this thought isn't goal setting, but part of me wants to see something on the learning reflection side that references something they're good at somehow... Hmm " I'm really good at / like_____ because_______." Maybe listing the same academic areas so you don't get "jump rope, soccer, coloring etc".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I am going to include this in my Data Binders I am creating for my first graders. If you'd like to see a copy of my letter and get an idea of how I set mine up I'd love to share... THANKS SOOOO MUCH FOR THE AWESOME IDEA!!! :) rsueme@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete